It’s been a while since we’ve had a German-themed night, but every now and then I have a craving for Beer Cheese. This finger-licking recipe is fantastic for potlucks…or just for yourself to smother on anything and everything.
- 3 Tbsp unsalted buuter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup beer (lager)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp crushed black pepper
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (~12 oz)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combined, ~30 seconds.
- Whisk in beer, then milk, stirring continuously to eliminate any flour lumps.
- Simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until it has thickened.
- Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add in cheese, stirring until completely melted.
- Serve warm.