During cherry season, one of my favorite desserts to make is the Fresh Cherry Bundt Cake!
This cake is super moist, and I guarantee it will not last the week in our household!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 8 oz plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 14-16 oz fresh bing cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan
- In a large bowl, combine 2.25 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in the lemon zest.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Alternate adding in flour mixture and yogurt. Do not overmix.
- Toss cherries in the remaining 0.25 cup flour. Then gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan, then bake for 60 minutes or until a chopstick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, turn out onto a serving platter.
- Whisk remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle over top of the cake.